Baklava is a sweet dessert pastry made of layers of filo dough (phyllo dough) filled with chopped nuts and soaked in honey, syrup, or milk. Baklava is an ancient food that originated in the Middle East, but many baklava types are now available worldwide!
The sweet, crispy baklava we know and love comes in a variety of different flavors in every city in the world. Some differ because they are made with different nuts like pistachios or walnuts, while others have unique recipes such as Sütlü Nuriye, in which milk is mixed with syrup and added to the filo dough after it’s baked.
Turkish Baklava with walnuts
While pistachios grow only in a handful of countries, walnuts can be grown nearly anywhere. This is why walnut baklava is one of the most popular baklava types in the world.
Walnuts are finely crushed before they’re dusted between the layers of this baklava. They offer a unique flavor that is both earthy and tangy, making for an overall gentle taste on your palette.
Just like the pistachio version, this one is also offered in many restaurants around the world and is equally delicious.
About Hafiz Mustafa
- Hafiz Mustafa has been offering its customers rich options of Ottoman dessert cuisine since 1864.
- Hafiz Mustafa has always adhered to its traditional recipes and quality, but has always caught up with today's technology and standards in its production.
- Hafiz Mustafa has a wide range of products such as Turkish baklava, Turkish delight, Turkish coffee, dragee and Turkish tea. Each product has high quality standards.
- Hafiz Mustafa mixed baklava, mixed pistachio and walnut baklava, kadayif varieties, and also mixed Turkish delight varieties; especially pistachio, double roasted, saffron and pomegranate coated and milky Turkish delight varieties are highly preferred by customers.
- We, as sweet-saray.com, always send our orders directly from Istanbul with DHL Express.
- All our products are fresh because they are daily production, and they are sent to your door as quickly as possible