Brazil Nut, 100 g
The finest types of Brazilian nuts kernels coming from the South American Continent distinguished for its perfect size and weight. It’s distinctive for its special taste and multiple benefits in terms of health. It’s eaten raw or roasted and can be used in a variety of recipes including bakeries, salads, and desserts.
Luxury Brazilian Nuts
- Origin: Bolivia
- Big raw size
- Nuts without salt
- To be kept in the refrigerator for longer consumption life
What is the Brazilian Nuts Tree
- A big tree native to Amazon Forests in the South America continent
- It may reach up to 50 meters high and can live hundreds of years
- The tree has got a straight cylindrical trunk with a diameter of 2 meters and covered with smooth gray bark
- The Brazilian nuts tree produces big spherical fruits with a 10 – 15 cm diameter and can weigh up to 2 kilo grams.
- The Brazilian nuts tree is an important specie for the Amazon rainforest ecosystem and it is also of an economic value for those who live in the region.
- Nuts are collected from the wild and sold locally and internationally as a dietary product.
- The trees are used also in timber industry. The bark and leaves are used in the traditional medicine.
What is Brazilian Nut
- Brazilian nuts is a type of nuts that comes from the Brazilian nuts tree that is native to the Amazon rainforest in Southern America
- Brazilian nut is distinctive for its big size with a hard outer shell that must be pierced to reach to the core.
Brazil Nuts Benefits
Brazil nuts offer many health benefits due to its high nutritional content as it is:
- Rich in antioxidants
- Good source for healthy fats
- Rich in selenium element necessary for the cognitive functions
- Rich in substances necessary for the thyroid gland.
Brazil Nuts Benefits for Productivity
Selenium is one of the important minerals for the reproductive health. Brazil nuts is a very rich source of this mineral positively affecting, subsequently, the possibility of increasing the incidents of pregnancy .
Brazil Nuts Calories
Brazil nuts are rich in calories where one share of it (approximately 6 – 8 nuts) contains 185 calories.
Most of these calories come from fat along with around 19 grams of fat per one ounce. Nevertheless, fat in the Brazilian nuts in mostly unsaturated including monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats that are considered healthy fats.