Ground Cumin Spice, 80 G
Fine organic cumin, the secret of meat, fish and soup dishes and many other popular recipes. Cumin is indispensible in the Turkish cuisine. Locally-produced seeds grown in a certified organic way, offers you and your loved ones the distinction of wonderful taste and healthy components
How to Produce Wefood Organic Cumin
- the healthy cumin is produced from the seeds of the high quality Anatolian cumin
- raw material slowly and traditionally hand-picked in the season are ground without heat processing in order to maintain its nutritional value
- the production process is carried out on special production lines where only free-gluten products are available from beginning to end in view of not mixing it with products containing gluten.
- later on, products reach the end consumer in tight and hygienic glass bottles without any additives.
- cumin is a flowering plant from the Apiaceae family. It is a perennial plant that reaches up to 30 – 50 cm height with thin stems and leaves
- the plant produces small and soft flowers of rosy and white color that develop into small oblong fruit containing cumin seeds.
- the seeds are small and long with a brown color of distinctive odor and flavor
- cumin is usually grown in dry and hot climates and is native to East of the Mediterranean and India
- today, cumin is grown in many parts of the world including the Middle East, North Africa, Europe, and Americas.
- the seeds of cumin are hand-picked then used either as a whole or ground seeds for use in cooking and other usages.
Benefits of Cumin
- cumin is used to improve the digestion process, minimize bloating and alleviate constipation.
- it may assist stimulating the production of digestive enzymes that can improve the absorption of nutritional substances and support the intestines’ healthy movement.
- cumin contains compounds that have anti-inflammatory properties that can assist minimizing inflammation in all parts of the body.
- cumin has antioxidant properties that assist protecting the cells against damage caused by free radicals which may weaken the immune system.
- it have been proved that cumin assists in regulating blood sugar levels for diabetics.
- some studies have indicated that cumin may has anti-cancer properties due to its capability to inhibit the growth of cancer cells and promote cell death.
Calories in Ground Cumin Seeds
One tablespoon of cumin contains 22 calories which is less calories than other spices.